We are taking the current Coronavirus outbreak very seriously and are executing a number of protocols to help keep you and your family safe. You can schedule HVAC service and installation with us as needed.
Please review our efforts below:
Sanitary Protocols for Your Protection
We are closely following CDC recommendations and implementing as many sanitary protocols as possible. These include:
- Disinfected or medical grade gloves will be worn at every job.
- Boot covers will be worn before entering the house.
- All tools and equipment will be sterilized before each job.
- No tool sharing will occur between employees.
- Employee temperature will be taken before entering your home.Technician temperature will be sent to you via text.
- Employees will use n95 masks as they become available.
- Post-job cleanup and disinfectant wipe down will be completed.
Minimal Contact HVAC Service
We will be doing our best to reduce the amount of contact between our employees and your home and family. The following steps describe our current process:
- Digital or telephone confirmation of predicted employee arrival
- Exterior entry where possible (example: outside basement access to furnace)
- Reduced interior access to minimal essential locations and 6 foot social distancing
- Text message job updates or questions from your technician
- Digital or telephone credit card payment processing
- Digital receipt after job completion
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It…
“Excellent experience with E.H. Gochnauer. The service tech Zach answered questions for us and did a fantastic job. A very pleasant and knowledgeable man. I highly recommend this company. Smiles.”
– Cheryl C.
“We had Gochanuer & Sons come out to help us with some plumbing problems in our new home. Bill, the service tech, was just outstanding. He really took the time to explain what was going and he found great solutions to the problems. I also really appreciated how warm and friendly he was. I will definitely be requesting Bill from Gochnauer in the future if we ever have more plumbing needs.”
– Rosemary B.
“I had them come and replace a worn out concrete sink. The thing was huge and heavy. Ed P. came and busted it up easily, hauled it away, and quickly installed my new sink. Excellent workmanship and service! Would highly recommend.“
– John P.
509 Rohrerstown Road
Lancaster, PA 17603
Emergency Service: 24/7
Weekdays: 7 am – 4:30 pm