Furnace Repair Services in Central Pennsylvania
Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg & Lebanon
It never fails: Your furnace will choose the most inconvenient time to break down. At EH Gochnauer & Sons, Inc., we know how much you rely on your furnace to keep your family warm and comfortable in the depths of a Pennsylvania winter. Our highly trained techs provide residential furnace repair and installation throughout Central Pennsylvania.
Identifying the Problem
The system that heats your home has many moving parts, and when one component malfunctions, it impacts the entire system’s ability to operate. Our furnace repair technicians will assess your situation and help you get to the bottom of even the most complex furnace problems.
Common reasons to contact our talented team for furnace repair include:
- The furnace won’t turn on.
- The pilot light is out.
- Odd sounds are coming from the furnace during startup or operation.
- The main burner won’t light or won’t stay lit for longer than a few seconds.
- The blower never turns on, even when the burners are lit.
- The furnace blower is running continually.
Troubleshooting Your Furnace Problems
When your furnace isn’t working properly, it can be frustrating. Here are four quick checks you can do to determine if you have a furnace malfunction.
- Thermostat settings: Make sure your thermostat is turned on and switched to “heat.” Otherwise, the thermostat can’t signal your furnace to run.
- Dirty filter: If you haven’t changed your filter in a while, it can get clogged with dust, debris and allergens, causing your furnace to overheat and shut off as a safety precaution. A clogged filter can also stop your furnace from producing and circulating heat throughout your home.
- Circuit breaker: Your furnace’s breaker may have tripped. Find it on your home’s electrical control panel. If the breaker is off, reset it.
- Furnace switch: Your furnace has a switch on or near it that resembles an ordinary light switch. It should be in the “up” or “on” position. If it was turned off, give your furnace a few minutes to resume normal operation.
If you complete these fundamental checks, and your furnace still won’t run, do not attempt to fix it yourself. No matter how handy you are around the house, attempting DIY furnace maintenance can be dangerous, and can also make your problem worse than it was to begin with. Instead, call us at EH Gochnauer & Sons, Inc., for professional furnace repair service.
Are you looking for a reliable furnace repair company in Lancaster, Lebanon, York or Harrison, PA? EH Gochnauer & Sons, Inc. has been providing dependable repair service to our neighbors since 1933. If your furnace is on the fritz, feel free to call us at 717-299-3776, or fill out our easy-to-use contact form below.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It…
“Excellent experience with E.H. Gochnauer. The service tech Zach answered questions for us and did a fantastic job. A very pleasant and knowledgeable man. I highly recommend this company. Smiles.”
– Cheryl C.
“We had Gochanuer & Sons come out to help us with some plumbing problems in our new home. Bill, the service tech, was just outstanding. He really took the time to explain what was going and he found great solutions to the problems. I also really appreciated how warm and friendly he was. I will definitely be requesting Bill from Gochnauer in the future if we ever have more plumbing needs.”
– Rosemary B.
“I had them come and replace a worn out concrete sink. The thing was huge and heavy. Ed P. came and busted it up easily, hauled it away, and quickly installed my new sink. Excellent workmanship and service! Would highly recommend.“
– John P.
509 Rohrerstown Road
Lancaster, PA 17603
Emergency Service: 24/7
Weekdays: 7 am – 4:30 pm